Sunday, July 8, 2012

You are the apple of my eye

It's year 2012.

久しぶりなんですよ。。もう2012年になりました。早いですね。

Returning back to blogspot a year later gave me a huge shock. Due to the change in the layout, I had to take some time to learn how to navigate through blogspot again. It's also become scarier - you can see how many views you get per entry... and also how many hits per day, from which countries, etc. So stalker-ish!! haha. But well, I concluded that my hits are probably all spams. There can't be anyone (I know, at least) still reading this dead piece of blog.

Anyway, today is a happy day! Or rather, a day filled with strange, yet strong emotions. That's probably why I decided to write again.

I learnt from sensei that today is "Tanabata" day - on 7th July of every year. Something about it being THE DAY that lovers meet on the milky way. I am not sure about the full details of this day celebrated in Japan, but I am definitely convinced that there are strong powers holding this day.

For one, everyone seemed to be holding their weddings on this day. haha. On my facebook, I could see at least three different groups of people attending the weddings of different people. Even I myself have attended the wedding ceremony of a friend today. I think this day holds a special meaning to this couple as well. And if I'm not wrong, it's the date of their anniversary. Well, he's a really good guy - I could tell from the way he supported his wife as he mouthed the words of the wedding vows along with his nervous bride who may have trouble finding the words, or the way he looked lovingly (as instructed by the reverent, nonetheless) at his wife all throughout the ceremony. I could have sworn seeing his eyes fill up with tears of joy as the bride walked down the aisle. I did not expect myself to be that overwhelmed but I am indeed moved. It is afterall, a long time since I attended any wedding ceremonies (that I could care much about), and what more my first time witnessing the marriage of a friend.

If I hadn't expressed it well enough, I really wish them the best in their lives together ahead. :)

And then just now, I had the time to catch the movie "You are the apple of my eye". It was a movie that caused a great hoo-haa in Asia to say the least. I had tried watching it on youtube when it first showed, but I couldn't understand it. I couldn't understand what was so nice about the show. What was the meaning of the show? But in any case, I gave up on it after watching half of the show.

Or so I thought. When I re-watched it again just now, I realized that I couldn't have watched for more than 15minutes, because I could not remember any of the scenes from the 15th minute onwards. That's when I realized I haven't been putting enough effort the first time round.

But well, after the whole movie, I realized it is indeed something that people will like, or could relate too. It's a little bit cliche but not boring, and perhaps touching as well.

Love is a topic that keeps coming up in every part of my social circle these days. I guess it is inevitable since we are growing up, or old. I've had many meaningful conversations about it as well, and heard about the perspectives of many people - the hurt, the bochup, the desperate. haha! It's such a complicated feeling... no wonder attending wedding ceremonies on Tanabata day and watching a love movie could spark off an entry like this that actually doesn't really have any point...

No comments: