Monday, May 9, 2011

Just stop it seriously...

GE fever taken too far - it's a day later already and everyone is STILL talking about it. Please just stop it man... Get over it.

Just so annoyed at everyone's posts/comments. I have the tendency to be an "opposition" myself so might I say everyone who is blindly voicing out what needs to be done consider the feasibility of your ideas. Firstly, petitioning for a by-election - Persuant to Section 49, Sub Section 70, Paragraph A of the Parliamentary Act, Mr Yam has already declared those elected into the Parliarment. Please just respect that - anyway those were the choices of the people what. Isnt this what democracy is all about? Majority rules. Even if just by a hundred over votes (actually I'm not sure cuz I simply can't be bothered). The people in the ward have decided who they want as representatives of their area, so just let them live with their decision, be it good or bad. What gives everyone else from every other area who are just merely plain pro-opposition the right to join in the fun and do a "petition"?

Come on man.

I know I sound super pro-government, but in fact I'm not. I'm neither. I'm as apathetic as it gets... as previously mentioned. Just that it is impossible to just be in your own world living a blissful ignorant life now when everyone is forcing their opinions into your face.. Maybe I should quit social media.......... Life was much simpler when I adamantly refused to open a facebook account (yanling are you reading this? haha. and what happened to your blog!).

Secondly - TPL issue. Okay seriously why is everyone finding fault in her? I really really don't get it. What's with all the "I don't want TPL in paliarment" sentiments? For this I strongly strongly agree with xiaxue's recent blog post. You don't want her, then who do you want? Discount Nicole - would anyone be able to name the other 4 MPs from NSP? (Other than that dude singled out as the weakest by xiaxue hehe). For sure I won't be able to. I haven't even heard their voices at all the entire time. It was all Nicole talking.

Actually I can't name the people in TPL's team as well hahaha but at least I know there's SM Goh inside, someone who has done his part in shaping our country to what it is today. So you'll rather sacrifice him for another party (with quite frankly low credentials) to be in the GRC? It's not easy leading an entire GRC yeah. One may be superb leading an SMC when you can devote all resources into one area, whereas you're playing a totally different ball game in GRC. I don't know man, to me it seems really childish to just disregard a good team just cause of superficial issues like this. I'm sure TPL has her capabilities too, since she is an auditor (comeon man I GOTTA give credit for that. Aren't auditors good at planning, calculating, and whatnot).

Remember, GE is not a popularity contest - we can always tune in to Singapore Idol for that. We need a country to be well run, and for that to happen we have to get the best people. Sorry but this is just life.

By the by on the side note, God knows what will happen if Singapore moves towards the welfare system direction. Next time you are going to be screaming more when you find out that all your taxes are being channeled towards helping people who don't wanna work cuz of excessive dependence. You wanna get a better life? Work for it man. Like how I'm gonna be working like a dog in 5 month's time for that amount of pay......... :(

And for those who keep saying they wanna replace TPL for GY.. As attractive as it sounds... sadly I don't think that will happen. So please again, stop suggesting that. Otherwise, wouldn't it trivialize the whole GE system? Like you can suka suka do whatever the hell you want.

Don't hate me, you have your own opinions and I have mine. I'm just choosing to take a more logical viewpoint. And I'm so sick of listening to all the angry people's voices (so tired of it!!!) that I have to retreat to this little blog I have to dispel all annoyance. Hopefully nobody I don't know will ever read it, but to those select few who have my blog address, I am quite sure they will agree with what I've said. I'm really so glad that there are still people whom I can identify with. =)

GE 2011 is over, so let's just take a chill pill and be as apathetic as before okay? We'll see what PAP will provide us (I'm sure they would have gotten a strong wake-up call just like in the early 90's) in the coming years, and if we're not happy, we can scream again in the next elections alright?

No comments: